Friday, September 30, 2011

Photo of the Week: 9/30/2011

Well it's fall, and that means it is foliage excursion season! I had the opportunity to ride a foliage excursion train last year, from Meredith, NH to Lincoln, NH and back. I wrote a review, which can be seen here. That railroad isn't running the excursion all the way to Lincoln this year, but they are running excursions along portions of their line during October. They have a website, which can be seen here, which describes the different trains they have and the different amenities available on them. Anyways, my photo is one I took from that train last year:


This was taken as the train was returning to Meredith, along the shore of Lake Waukewan. The train was pulled by an Alco S1, and had New York Central car "Cold Harbor," a Bangor & Aroostoock president's car, and a coach car that is a de-motored RDC-1. It costs extra to ride the fancy cars, so I rode the RDC. On the return trip, the RDC was the last car on the train, so I got some shots from the rear vestibule, including this one.

The fall foliage excursion was a lot of fun. I'd do it again if I had the chance, but I was unable to do it this year. If you are thinking of going on one this year, I would recommend doing it, you won't regret it.

No comments: