Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Slanguage: Hogger

First of all, for those of you who were expecting a post last Saturday, I apologize for missing it.  I thought I had written one and scheduled it to post automatically, however, I had not.  I did not catch that until I returned to Glendive, on Sunday night.

This week we talk about the hogger, or sometimes called the hog head.  This is a nickname for the engineer, and it is used almost exactly how you would use the word engineer.  Sometimes, other crews will ask you who your hogger is, and they just want to know who the engineer is.  If you do not know your engineer, you might ask someone you see in the depot if they know who your hogger is supposed to be.  It is not used that often around here, but it is heard once in a while on the radio and around the depot.

No comments: