Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Steven Is Back!

Hello everyone!  As many of you know, I have been living in the Salt Lake City, UT area for the past two years.  I have been there serving as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Serving as a full time missionary takes up pretty much all your time, and while there I had no time for railfanning or model railroading or any of that, it was a hobby I had to give up for the time.  I was able to go to Ogden to see UP's 4-8-8-4 Big Boy #4014 while it was on display there on its way from Pomona, CA to Cheyenne, WY for restoration.  I took a few photos on that trip, and I will write a post about that soon.

While serving in Salt Lake City, I used Utah Transit Authority's TRAX (light rail) and FrontRunner (commuter rail) systems quite a bit, and got several photos of the trains while I was at it.  I will probably write some sort of railroad profile about UTA's rail systems, which have been growing dramatically over the past few years.  UTA has one of the cleanest and most reliable commuter/light rail systems I have seen.

I am also in the planning stages of a small switching layout, so you can expect to read posts about that as work on it progresses.  I am glad to be back and contributing to the blog once again, and I hope you enjoy what I have to say!

No comments: